We are SunExpress
Uniting people, countries and cultures for more than 30 years
It’s all hidden in our name. Founded as a joint venture between Lufthansa and Turkish Airlines in 1989, we are a true sun specialist and offer numerous direct connections between Europe and Türkiye (Turkey). Besides flying our guests to many idyllic holiday destinations in Türkiye (Turkey), we reconnect them with their families and loved ones with our direct flights from Europe to many Anatolian cities.
Our success story relies on our valuable passengers who choose to fly with us and the dedicated workforce of 3,500 employees who are experts in their field to serve our customers at the highest standards. We do our very best to ensure remaining as high-flyers for another thirty years and offer our guests high-quality services.
Our headquarters is located in the sunny Antalya, which is known as the touristic capital of Türkiye (Turkey). Another key hub is Izmir on Türkiye’s (Turkey’s) Aegean coast. The company’s second headquarters is located in Gateway Gardens in Frankfurt am Main.
Investment and innovation
The ability to invest and the willingness to innovate are the most crucial factors when it comes to the continuous development of an airline.
Through our order for 50 new Boeing 737 aircraft in 2014, we have made significant investments in our fleet, making it one of the youngest in Europe. We have already received 18 new Boeing 737-800 NGs, with another 32 due to join the ranks by 2024. This type of aircraft offers our passengers top comfort and maximum safety. With their modern, low-emission design, they help us embrace our ever-growing social responsibility as an aviation company.
Our customers can also contact us round the clock via WhatsApp and can even book flights through Facebook Messenger, making us a pioneer in this area, too.
Dedication that reaps rewards
The many awards we have received over the years proves we are a reliable and attractive travel partner for our customers. As a particular source of pride, we have chosen four of our countless distinctions to present here:
- World’s Best Leisure Airline (2022): We were named the “World’s Best Leisure Airline” by Skytrax at the 2022 World Airline Awards, which is based on the votes of more than 14 million passengers across the world.
- Fifth best leisure airline in the world (2018 & 2019): We were voted the world’s fifth best leisure airline and the best leisure airline in Türkiye (Turkey) by Skytrax World Awards, also known as “the passengers’ choice”.
- Türkiye’s (Turkey’s) safest airline (2018): By the Directorate General of Civil Aviation (DGCA), we were awarded as the best airline in passenger transportation with the SAFA rating 0.0, making us the best-rated passenger airline.
- Germany’s most punctual airline (2018): Using data collected by the passenger rights portal Flightright, we were rated the most punctual airline in Germany.
- Sixth place in Airline Index (2018): We were ranked sixth in the highly regarded Airline Index published by the renowned climate protection organization ‘atmosfair’. This means that of the 190 largest airlines in the world, only five beat us in terms of carbon efficiency.
Quality yields safety
We never compromise when it comes to safety or quality. SunExpress is certified in accordance with ISO 9001 (Quality Management), ISO 10002 (Customer Satisfaction and Complaints Handling), ISO 14001 (Environmental Management), ISO 27001 (Information Security Management) and ISO 45001 (Occupational Health and Safety Management) and also possesses the world-renowned IOSA certificate issued by the IATA International Air Transport Association. We also embrace comprehensive company commitments in terms of safety, security, profit, quality and team integration. Furthermore, our company has implemented an Environmental & Occupational Health and Safety Policy, an Information Security Policy, an Emergency Response Policy, a Fatigue Risk Management Policy, a Corporate Risk Management Policy and a Customer Satisfaction Policy.
We will always continue to carry you to your loved ones and to your dream holiday destinations. We wish you a pleasant flight on board SunExpress.