Dear clients of SunExpress and SunPoints,
A few years ago, we developed the SunPoints programme for loyal customers like you. Since then, hundreds of thousands of SunExpress passengers have taken advantage of the numerous benefits. Now it’s time for the next step. We want to make Sunpoints more attractive for you and all our customers, to be able to offer you even more benefits.
This requires a few adjustments to be made to the programme. Unfortunately, that’s why we can no longer allow you to collect points from 1st December 2016. We would like to apologise for this and ask you to be patient. We expect the new platform to be available with new offers in 2018.
The points you have collected up to now will of course be maintained and will be transferred into the new programme.
We will keep you up-to-date when we get going with the new bonus programme and look forward to showing you all the new benefits.
SunPoints orange card holders will, of course, continue to enjoy extra benefits. We’ll tell you all about your multitude of new advantages before the new programme gets off the ground. You’ll certainly be impressed!
If you have any other questions, you can reach our SunExpress service by calling the hotline +49(0)1806-95 95 90** (from Germany) and +90 444-0-797** from Turkey. For all other countries please find your corresponding number here.
We wish you a sunny flight!
Your SunExpress team
Important changes and information
1. When will the SunPoints bonus programme be temporarily out of action from?
The SunPoints programme will be temporarily out of action from the 1st December 2016. The basis of this decision is for SunExpress to develop a new frequent flier programme that offers its members more benefits and contains more attractive offers.
2. When will there be a new bonus programme?
We expect the new platform to be available to you in 2018. All members will receive comprehensive information about the start of the new programme and its new benefits in due course.
3. Will the points that I’ve already collected be taken into account in the new programme?
All points that have already been collected will, of course, be transferred into the new programme without being lost, in which you can continue to redeem your points.
4. Can I also collect points in the transition phase?
Unfortunately, points cannot be collected in the transition phase until the new programme starts.
5. Do my benefits as an orange status customer remain in place during the transition phase?
As a SunPoints orange card holder, your benefits such as 10 kg free baggage allowance, guaranteed award tickets*, preferential boarding and an in-house call centre number for enquiries and reservations also remain in place during the transition phase.
6. Can I already take advantage of my new benefits in the transition phase with my orange member upgrade?
As a new orange customer, you can, of course, take advantage of your newly acquired benefits during the transition phase. To do this, don’t forget to print out your new card on the SunPoints website.
7. Can I also book award tickets during this time?
Yes. Members with enough points can continue to book their award tickets via the hotline +49 (0) 1806 95 95 90**. Members that have enough points via their 1000 bonus points can also book an award ticket.
8. How many points do I need to book an award ticket?
For a domestic Turkish flight, you require 6,500 points, and 9,000 points for an international flight.
* For international flights, the number of available seats for award bookings is limited.
* Flights within Turkey must be booked at least 72 hours before departure. As long as single seat sales are available, we guarantee the validity of your award ticket for flights within Turkey. With this guarantee, you receive an award ticket on your desired flight and thus practically enjoy the same status as a full-paying passenger. For international flights, the number of available seats for award bookings is limited.
**(0,20 €/call incl. VAT from a German landline, mobile phone charges in Germany max. 0,60 €/call incl. VAT)
(0,09 TL/min. incl. VAT from Turkey)