Mindful and careful – your safety and well-being are our number-one priority
Mindful and careful – your safety and well-being are our number-one priority
It is great that travel is gradually possible once again and we are able to fly you to our sunny destinations.
And to ensure that you feel completely at ease with us, we have devised our ‘Corona Label’, which has been developed for you in line with all requirements and recommendations of the various authorities and airline associations with regard to the health and hygiene of air passengers.
We have put together all the details here and also summarised everything for you in this video.
Our aim is to make your trip as straightforward and comfortable as possible – both on the ground and in the air. Whether you are visiting the grandparents and relatives, jetting off on that long-awaited holiday with the children or counting the days until that romantic trip for two, we are looking forward to flying you safely to your destination.
1. Before the flight / general information
- Before the departure, please ensure that you are informed about the current travel advices and entry requirements of the respective countries. Please find our current travel information here.
- Please note that wearing a surgical (medical) mask in a way that covers your mouth and nose on board your flight is mandatory and masks made out of cotton or fabric are not allowed. We advise you to bring a pair of extra masks in order to replace it every four hours. If you are not able to use a face mask due to medical reasons, you need to present a doctor report and use face shield instead. Please avoid using a face mask for infants (0-2 years old) due to the risk of suffocation. It is not mandatory for children under the age of 6 to wear a face mask on board. However, the use of face masks with a suitable size for children who are between the ages of 6 and 12 is recommended.
- Passengers with symptoms of illness are not permitted to fly.
- Turkish citizens are obligated to provide a HES code during the booking or check-in at the latest. Please click here to find out more about the HES code application.
- Your check-in will start and end earlier than usual in order to ensure that you have a flawless check-in process. For all international flights, the check-in procedures start from approximately three hours until one hour prior to your departure. For all domestic flights, check-in is available from two and half hours until 45 minutes prior to your departure.
- If you would like to save time at the airport and keep all contact to a minimum, we recommend that you use our convenient online check-in service from the comfort of your home. You can also make a seat reservation besides our other service offers such as transportation to the airport or pre-order of meals for your inflight experience during online check-in.
Before your departure, please ensure that you are informed about the hygiene measures taken against Covid-19 at the airport and about the possible terminal change updates. For more information please click here.
- On all of our flights hand luggage is not permitted in the cabin. You may only carry a small handbag, a laptop bag and baby equipment. Correspondingly, it is possible to take an additional 4 kg of checked luggage with you free of charge. Please note that the additional luggage should be checked in separately. You can click here for more information about the limitations for travel luggage.
- Please note that only one piece of hand luggage is permitted when passing through security checks at some airports.
- As a result of the additional safety measures, there may nonetheless be delays. Accordingly, you should plan to arrive at the airport earlier than usual. Boarding will also commence earlier, so please arrive at your departure gate in good time.
- It is always hard to say goodbye. All the same, we recommend that you refrain from bringing anyone extra along to the airport. The same applies to the pick-up arrangements at the destination airport. At the airports in Turkey, only passengers will be granted entry to the airport terminal.
2. At the airport
- All check-in counters have been adjusted according to the new hygiene regulations.
- We will open the check-in desk for you earlier than usual in order to ensure a stress-free check-in.
- Your temperature might be checked at the departure and/or arrival airport depending on the regulations issued by the respective country.
- Please keep your distance from other travellers – including at the check-in desks – and observe the relevant information signs at the airport.
- Regular handwashing and disinfecting have become part of our daily routine – please do not forget to do this at the airport.
- Please arrive at your boarding gate at least one hour before departure and have your boarding card and passport ready, along with your HES number (only valid for Turkish citizens), in order to ensure swift and contact-free boarding to the greatest possible extent.
- For flights to Berlin Tegel (TXL), Vienna (VIE), and to all destinations within the United Kingdom, you need to fill out the Passenger Locator Form. For flights to the United Kingdom, you can fill out the Passenger Locator Form online. To speed up the duration you spend at the airport, we advise you to download and print those forms and fill them out upon your arrival to the airport. You will get further instructions for that upon handover of the forms. You can download the forms from the links below:
- Passenger Locator Form (For flights to Berlin Tegel (TXL) and Vienna (VIE))
- Passenger Locator Form (For flights to the United Kingdom)
- Keep your distance: the usual social distancing rules also apply when boarding. Accordingly, boarding will take place in small groups.
- If we have to use a shuttle bus to get you to or from the plane, a maximum of 50% of the available seats will be occupied. This will also allow us to maintain the necessary safety distance here.
4. On board
- Besides being given a thorough clean, our planes are fully disinfected before every flight and the toilets are also cleaned at regular intervals during the flight for your peace of mind.
- All of our aircraft have the High Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtering system which is also used in hospital operating rooms and fully refreshes the air on board every three minutes from top to bottom with a 99.97 % of success rate against all known viruses including Covid-19.
- Not only you, but also our crews will wear surgical masks on board, and we would ask that you also maintain social distancing here as much as possible and avoid queuing for the toilet, for example.
- If you have a heart or respiratory disease, asthma or you are autistic or are not able to wear a face mask for a long time, it is permitted to travel only with a face shield when you provide your medical report.
- If the flight is not fully booked, we will try to leave the middle seats free. If the flight is fully booked, the middle seats will also be taken, making it all the more important for you to protect yourself with your face mask and the usual hygiene measures such as regular disinfection.
- You can also count on a safe pair of hands above the clouds, because our crew will distribute disinfecting cleaning cloths. Disinfectant is also available in the toilets.
- We are not allowed to offer you any food on board with a flight time less than two hours. For the flights that lasts more than two hours, a special range of packaged food and beverages will be offered on board. To reduce contact on board, you can pay with your credit/debit card or opt for pre-ordering your meal while booking your flight on our website.
- It goes without saying that our crews on board are trained to deal with all aspects of Covid-19.
- We are currently not distributing any printed copies of our in-flight magazine SunTimes. You can read the latest issue at your leisure on your smartphone or tablet with the SunTimes app for iOS and Android or at SunTimes magazine.
- Please be patient once the plane has landed. Passengers will be asked to disembark one row at a time. Please carefully follow the announcements made by our crews.
- The decision of quarantine may vary depending on the regulations of the destination country. We strongly advise you to check the quarantine applications of the destination country before making your travel plans.
- New regulations might have been put in place for baggage claim process in order to reduce physical contact at the arrival airport. Please follow the instructions of the airport authorities.
Corona Test Centers in Turkey
Please click here to find out more about the COVID-19 Test Centers at some major airports in Turkey.
Corona Travel Insurance for Turkey
For an untroubled and safe vacation we recommend you take out a special „Corona Travel Insurance“ policy. In case of a medical emergency, this insurance will cover the cost of treatment at your holiday destination.
Our new standards:
Everything at a glance: the new rules will be automatically sent to you following your booking. In addition, our passengers will also receive an automatic reminder about the earlier boarding time and the registration of an HES number (if necessary).
At SunExpress we do everything we can to ensure your comfort – even in times of Covid- 19.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon.