Mindful and careful – your safety and well-being are our number-one priority
We strive to make your trip as smooth and comfortable as possible – both on the ground and in the air. Whether you are visiting grandparents and relatives, jetting off on that long-awaited holiday with the children or counting the days until that romantic trip for two, we are looking forward to flying you safely to your destination.
To ensure that you feel completely at ease with us, we have devised our ‘Corona Label’, which has been developed for you in line with all requirements and recommendations of the various authorities and airline associations with respect to the health and hygiene of air passengers.
We have put together all the details here and also summarised everything for you in this video.
Important: Before your departure, please ensure that you are informed about the current travel advice and entry requirements of the respective countries. Please find our current travel information here.
1. Before the flight / general information
- Depending on your departure or arrival destination, it may be required to cover your mouth and nose with a face mask from boarding until disembarking the aircraft. Therefore, before traveling, we kindly ask you to check the rules and regulations currently applicable in our destination countries. For your convenience, you can use our interactive map here to easily find all prevailing requirements. The latest updates on the mask requirements can be found in the “Additional info” section.
- If wearing a face mask is mandatory on your flight and you are not able to wear it for medical reasons, you need to present a signed and stamped doctor’s report which has been issued within the last 7 days and explains why you should be exempt from wearing a face mask.
- Please avoid using a face mask for infants (0-2 years old) due to the risk of suffocation. However, it is recommended that children aged between 6 and 12 wear suitably sized face masks.
- Passengers who show signs of illness are not permitted to fly. We, therefore, kindly ask the respective passengers not to come to the airport.
- Your check-in will start and end earlier than usual in order to ensure that you have a flawless check-in process. For all international flights, the check-in procedures start from approximately 2,5 hours until 45 minutes prior to your departure. For all domestic flights, check-in is available from two hours until 30 minutes prior to your departure.
- If you would like to save time at the airport and keep all contact to a minimum, we recommend that you use our convenient online check-in service from the comfort of your home. Whilst checking-in online, you can also make a seat reservation or book one of our other service offers, such as extra luggage.
Before your departure, please ensure that you are informed about the hygiene measures taken against Covid-19 at the airport and about the possible terminal change updates. For more information, please click here.
- Please note that only one piece of hand luggage is permitted when passing through security checks at some airports.
- As a result of the additional safety measures, there may nonetheless be delays. Accordingly, you should plan to arrive at the airport earlier than usual. Boarding will also commence earlier, so please arrive at your departure gate in good time.
- It is always hard to say goodbye. All the same, we recommend that you refrain from bringing anyone extra along to the airport. The same applies to the pick-up arrangements at the destination airport.
2. At the airport
- Depending on your departure or arrival destination, it may be required to cover your mouth and nose with a face mask at the airport. We kindly ask you to check the announcements made by airport authorities.
- All check-in counters have been adjusted according to the new hygiene regulations.
- Your temperature might be checked at the departure and/or arrival airport depending on the regulations issued by the respective country.
- Please keep your distance from other travelers – including at the check-in desks – and observe the relevant information signs at the airport.
- Regular handwashing and disinfecting have become part of our daily routine – please do not forget to do this at the airport.
- Please arrive at your boarding gate at least one hour before departure and have your boarding card and ID card readyin order to ensure swift and contact-free boarding to the greatest possible extent.
- You may be asked to fill out a Passenger Locator Form either as a printout or online. Please click here to find out more on the entry requirements for the countries that are in our flight network.
- Keep your distance: the usual social distancing rules also apply when boarding. Accordingly, boarding will take place in small groups.
- If we have to use a shuttle bus to get you to or from the plane, a maximum of 50% of the available seats will be occupied. This will also allow us to maintain the necessary safety distance here.
4. On board
- Our aircraft are cleaned thoroughly before every flight and the washrooms are also cleaned at regular intervalsduring the flight. Additionally, all our planes are completely disinfected on a regular basis.
- Our aircraft have been fitted with aHigh Efficiency Particulate Air (HEPA) filtering system which is also used in hospital operating theatres and fully refreshes the air on board every three minutes from top to bottom with a 97 % of success rate against all known viruses including Covid-19.
- We ask you to maintain social distancing here as much as possible and avoid queuing for the toilet, for example.
- Are you thinking about whether you need more space on board? Don’t worry! We offer the empty middle seat option on all our flights to give you greater peace of mind. You can book the middle seat next to your seat 3 days prior to your departure starting from 39,99 € on all international routes and 59,99 TL on all domestic routes. Please click here to find out more about our offer.
- You can also count on a safe pair of hands above the clouds because our crew will distribute disinfectant wipes. Disinfectant is also available in the washrooms.
- To reduce contact on board, you can pay with your credit/debit card or opt for pre-ordering your meal while booking your flight on our website.
- It goes without saying that our crews on board are trained to deal with all aspects of Covid-19.
- Please be patient once the plane has landed. Passengers will be asked to disembark one row at a time. Please carefully follow the announcements made by our crews.
- Whether you need to quarantine may varydepending on the regulations of the destination country. We strongly advise you to check the quarantine regulations of the destination country before making your travel plans.
- In order to reduce physical contact during baggage claim, the destination airport may have implemented new measures. Please follow the instructions of the airport authorities.
Corona Test Centers
Please click here to find out more about the COVID-19 Test Centers at some major airports in Türkiye (Turkey).
Please click here to find out the PCR Test Possibilities located in some of our destinations in Europe.
Corona Travel Insurance for Türkiye (Turkey)
For an untroubled and safe vacation we recommend you take out a special „Corona Travel Insurance“ policy. In case of a medical emergency, this insurance will cover the cost of treatment at your holiday destination.
At SunExpress we do everything we can to ensure your comfort – even in times of Covid- 19.
We look forward to welcoming you aboard again soon.