INFORMATION AND BOOKING
Statement of Requirements
We share our experience and continuously improve ourselves so that our disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility can spend a joyful and safe journey.
SunExpress has been attempting to meet the demands/requirements of disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility. Our disabled passengers and other passengers with reduced mobility can book their seats by filling “Disabled Passenger Application Form” at SunExpress’ website by stating their personal information, general specifications related to assisting equipment (type, dimension, weight, etc. of the equipment) and services that they need during flight. After having filled the form, you can send it back to us via e-mail (email@example.com).
Ticket Booking and Service Request
You need to inform us about your requests (by means of Disabled Passenger Application Form) at least 48 hours before the flight together with ticket booking so that we can deliver the best service and meet your demands.
You can submit your ticket and service demand via;
- SunExpress website (www.sunexpress.com)
- SunExpress Ticket Sales Offices
- Tour Operator
The approval for your service requests will be notified to you via e-mail. Seat reservation is free for the disabled passengers or passengers with reduced mobility and for 1 accompanying person however seat reservation for other passengers are charged. If you would like to have your seat reservation made before your flight by using this service, you can give us your personal and flight information via email or via phone. The approval for the seat reservation will be sent to you via e-mail.
The passengers that require/desire special service (for instance wheelchair request, guiding dog transportation, etc.) or the disabled passengers that use assisting equipment (wheelchair, medical equipment, etc.) with reduced mobility cannot use online check-in service. Only the disabled passengers or passengers with reduced mobility that do not require/request a special service or that don’t use assisting equipment can use online check-in service.
Online check-in service can only be used in domestic flights. While you can check-in online for free, you can also reserve a seat that you select yourself upon a certain fee. However, the passengers that would like to book a seat online (online check-in) should book their seats taking into account the following information first:
a) The disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility that will be traveling alone should be able to fasten and unfasten their seatbelts themselves, use the oxygen mask that will drop from the overhead panel in case of loss of cabin pressure and put on life jacket themselves when needed. The passengers that will not be able to fulfill these conditions should definitely travel in company with another person. Moreover, all passengers that will be traveling alone should read the section „Passengers That Should Travel with an Accompanying Person“ at SunExpress website and make sure that they fulfill such conditions.
b) The disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility, who have checked-in online, should inform the ground service staff at the gate of the aircraft about themselves and their disability status. This is very important so that all safety instructions that are conveyed before the flight are provided to you completely and accurately and that they are implemented if necessary.
c) Our disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility are not allowed to sit in emergency exit rows due to safety rules. Any disabled person and passenger with reduced mobility, to whom seats are allocated in contrary to seat rules for them during online check-in process, will be reseated by the cabin crew as per safety rules. Please note that passengers with reduced mobility can only reserve windows seats (A/F) in advance. Other seats might be allocated at the airport check-in desc with consideration to the type and/or grade of the physical restriction.
Disabled Passengers and Passengers with Reduced Mobility to Whom SunExpress Can Provide Services
Disabled passenger or passenger with reduced mobility is a passenger whose movements are hindered physically or sensually due to mental inability, old age, disease or any other hindrance and that require special care and service for that reason.
Disabled Passengers and Passengers with Reduced Mobility can be defined as follows:
- WCHR (Passenger with Slight Mobility Handicap):The passenger can use the stairs of the aircraft and proceed to the seat within the cabin and sit. He/she needs wheelchair until the aircraft.
- WCHS (Passenger with Severe Mobility Handicap): The passenger can not use the stairs however can proceed to the seat within the cabin and sit. He/she needs wheelchair until the aircraft.
- WCHC (Passenger Completely Immobile): The passenger needs assistance for proceeding to the seat within the cabin and sitting. He/she can sit straight on the seat.
- BLIND: Visually impaired passenger
- DEAF: Hearing impaired passenger
- DEAF/MUTE: Speaking and hearing disabled passenger
- DPNA: Mentally or developmentally disabled passenger – example: passengers with difficulty in learning, dementia, Alzheimer, down syndrome, etc.
Please state the disabled service for your needs in “Disabled Passenger Application Form” taking into account the above mentioned explanations. If you have any other disability not listed on the abovementioned terms, please mark “Other” in “Disabled Passenger Application Form” and explain your disability.
On the other hand, the passengers that need following medical assistance are also included in this scope and served duly:
- OXYG: Passengers with need for oxygen during flight. Passenger should bring his/her oxygen bottle himself/herself
- Passengers whose arms and/or legs are broken and plastered,
- Passengers with need for medical care and special medical device (such as needle) during flight,
- Passengers demonstrating abnormal physical status or behavior due to a disease or inability.
SunExpress doesn’t charge for the services delivered to disabled passengers or passengers with reduced mobility. Please note that passengers with reduced mobility can only reserve windows seats (A/F) in advance. Other seats might be allocated at the airport check-in desc with consideration to the type and/or grade of the physical restriction
Medical Materials and Equipment
You can carry your medical equipment and/or materials that you will need during flight after having received written approval from SunExpress beforehand if they do not pose any threat to flight safety and security.
Please provide the following information about your medical equipment and/or materials that you will use so that we can register them on our system:
- Name, brand and model of the equipment/device used
- Operating method of the equipment/material
- Battery/power supply type if powered
- On which phases of flight the equipment/devices is to be used (landing, take off, cruise, any part of flight, throughout flight)
- Weight of equipment/device
- Dimensions of equipment/device
Please include information about your wheelchair in “Passenger’s Wheelchair Section” on “Disabled Passenger Application Form“ and information about other equipment on „Remarks“ sections and send it back to us at least 48 hours before your flight.
The following medical equipment is not included in restrictions however if you are to use such equipment please inform us about your equipment/device before your flight taking into account abovementioned considerations:
- Medical ventilation device (air cleaning device),
- Respirator (respiration device),
- POC (Portable Oxygen Concentrator),
- Oxygen bottle (maximum 5 kg and 3 bottles in total)
- Dry ice (maximum 2,5 kg per person) (used for keeping medical materials cold)
- Special transportation containers cooled by means of liquid nitrogen (used for keeping medical materials cold.)
- Portable medical devices on battery (following and similar)
- CPAP (Continuous Positive Airway Pressure: device that is used for keeping upper respiratory tract open),
- AED (Automated External Defibrillators),
- Sleep Apnea Device
- Dialysis Device
- In order to carry your assisting equipments in our aircraft, the dimensions of your equipment must not exceed 84 x 120 cm.
We can’t admit following devices in our flights due to safety rules:
- Wheelchairs operated by liquid power supply (WCHBW) – due to liquid battery
- Systems operated by liquid oxygen (such as liquid oxygen bottle)
Passengers That Should Travel with an Accompanying Person
It makes us happy to fulfill the demands of our disabled passengers or passengers with reduced mobility during their journeys. However, there may be cases that we may not be able to answer your requests. We would like to inform you that following passengers should definitely travel with an accompanying person:
- Deaf and Blind passengers,
- Psychosis patients flying alone,
- Passengers that are too psychologically, mentally or physically disabled to understand and/or implement safety information provided before the flight,
- The passengers that can not fasten and unfasten their safety belts themselves, use the oxygen mask that will drop in case of loss of cabin pressure from overhead bins and put on the life jacket when necessary,
- Any passenger that needs any personal care, medicine taking, eating or child care.
If you need assistance on these issues during your flight, we would like to remind you that you will need to travel with an accompanying person that will assist you.
Passengers Excluded From Transportation
Regarding to the safety rules we are not able to accept the passengers below to our SunExpress flights.
- Passengers with a contagious/ infectious disease e.g. open tuberculosis, infectious hepatitis (type A and E only), scarlet fever, diphtheria, chicken pox etc (unless the medical clearance states clearly that the “infectious period” is over.).
- Passengers who require a pneumatically/ electrically operated apparatus during the flight.
- Passengers in coma.
- Passengers requiring transportation on a special stretcher
- Passengers with plaster cast which prevents the passenger to bend his/her arm/s and/or leg/s so as to sit in a normal position or would apparently restrict the seating comfort of other passengers next to him, unless such handicap can be avoided with the booking of a second seat, chargeable to the passenger. Also the passenger must be able to fasten his/her belt when seated.
Services at the Airport
We always try to provide all services requested by you before your flight according to your disability status. Please make notifications about your service need 48 hours before flight hour so that we can provide service to full extent.
Please arrive at the airport at least one and a half hours before your flight time in case of domestic flights and at least two hours in case of international flights and complete your check-in proceedings.
The services that we provide at airports before flight are as follows:
- We can greet you at terminal entrance upon request.
- We don’t charge you for your assisting equipment (including power supply vehicles) that you can carry as per safety rules. Your assisting equipment will be separately labeled and carried safely.
We can transport the following wheelchairs on our flights:
- WCBD (Wheelchair Manual Power)
- WCBD (Wheelchair Battery Dry: Wheelchair that is operated by power supply with non-liquid gel or dry battery
We can transport wheelchair with power supply that is operated by only non-flowing gel or dry power supply. The pole heads of the power supply should be dismantled or circuit should be completely turned off due to safety rules. Cables and power supply heads should be prevented from contacting in order to prevent short circuit.
We can’t transport the electronic wheelchairs with liquid power supply due to safety reasons since they are not safe against flow.
Please state the specifications of your wheelchair (weight, dimensions, type) in “Passenger’s Wheelchair” section on “Disabled Passenger Application Form”. If it is not possible to load the wheelchair due to physical conditions, we regret to inform you that we will have to reject transportation. In case there is a problem in loading of your wheelchair due to inaccurate information or lack of information about the dimensions of your wheelchair, we would like to remind you that we will again be obliged to reject transportation.
- You can use your wheelchair until the aircraft and receive it back after flight.
- The trained guide dogs that are certified to belong to our blind or deaf passengers are transported in the cargo hold (AVIH) or in the passenger cabin for free. Please refer to “Guide Dogs” section for more information.
- Please remember that it is not possible to allocate seats in the emergency exit rows (EXIT) to disabled passengers or passengers with reduced mobility due to safety rules.
Services During Boarding
We try to receive you onboard before other passengers so that you can access your seats onboard easily and comfortably.
Our cabin crew greets you and introduces themselve at the gate of the aircraft. They will do their best in order to seat you and meet your demands. They will be responsible for placing your baggage in overhead bins upon your approval and give them back to you on your request.
Service during the flight
We provide services as follows in order to make sure that you spend a joyful and comfortable journey:
- You will be informed about onboard safety rules according to your disability status. Please read “Services for Visually Impaired Passengers“ and “Services for Hearing Impaired Passengers” sections for more information.
- Maximum effort will be spent by cabin crew so that visually impaired passengers know our crew as well as the safety rules about the aircraft.
- If you are seated in the emergency exit rows during check-in, our cabin crew will help you for changing your seat due to safety rules.
- Our cabin crew cannot lift or carry you. Cabin crew may assist disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility for going to and returning from WC.
- We would like to remind you that personal care, medicine taking, feeding or child care/assistance will not be provided by cabin crew.
- Our cabin crew will do their best in order to evacuate in case of an emergency. For more information, please read “Emergencies” section.
- Our cabin crew can open the packages and serve upon your request during food and beverage service for the visually impaired passengers.
- Your ideas and opinions count. Visually impaired passengers can share their ideas and suggestions with us using the Braille alphabet form in our aircrafts. You can hand the filled forms to our cabin crew. Our cabin crew will submit the forms to us as soon as possible. Our visually impaired passengers that cannot read Braille alphabet can leave their names and contact information to cabin crew and request us to call them back. In the direction of your ideas and suggestions, we will provide feedback as soon as possible after having received the forms and requests.
Services Provided for Visually Impaired Passengers
The visually impaired passengers are given priority to take their seats on the aircraft together with their accompanying person and/or ground services staff. You will be greeted by the cabin crew at the gate of the aircraft. Our cabin crew will introduce herself/himself and accompany you until your seat. If you have hand baggage, she/he will help you placing your baggage on overhead bins.
We also distribute safety cards with Braille alphabet in order to convey the safety rules inside the aircraft for our visually impaired passengers and convey safety rules in practice with the help of our cabin crew. Thus, you will be informed about how to access the equipment you need in case of emergency. Safety information will be handed to you to be present during the flight.
If you can’t read Braille alphabet, our cabin crew will convey safety rules to you verbally and in practice.
Services Provided for Hearing Impaired Passengers
Hearing impaired passengers will be given priority to take their seats on the aircraft together with their accompanying person and/or ground services staff. You will be greeted by the cabin crew at the gate of the aircraft. Our cabin crew will introduce herself/himself and accompany you until your seat. If you have hand baggage, she/he will help you placing your baggage on overhead bins upon your request.
We show subtitled movies in order to convey safety rules to you. Moreover, you can find the cards showing safety instructions in the pocket or back of the seat in front of you.
In cases that video system is out of service, safety video will not be displayed. For that reason, our cabin crew will convey information to you using manual display and/or announcement book.
Cabin crew will also contact you in writing by means of notepads when necessary for better communication.
The trained guide dogs that are certified to belong to our blind or deaf passengers are transported in the cargo hold (AVIH) or in the passenger cabin for free. Guide dogs can travel next to you outside the cage within the cabin. It is the responsibility of our valuable customers to present rabies vaccination report, passport and other vaccination documents, if any, as well as the permit certificate obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs if it is a Turkey originated dog or all other documents related to the destination country.
We kindly request you to make your special reservations for carriage of guide dogs at least 48 hours before your flight. We recommend you to use dog muzzle during your flight.
We would like to remind you that we can admit maximum 2 guide dogs within the cabin in our flights.
Emotional dogs (travelling with the accompanied passenger), that are certified as ‘emotional dog’, are transported in the passenger cabin or in the cargo hold (AVIH) for free.
Emotional support dogs can travel in the cabin, with you, without a cage. It is the responsibility of our valuable customers to present rabies vaccination report, passport and other vaccination documents, if any, as well as the permit certificate obtained from the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Affairs if it is a Turkey originated dog or all other documents related to the destination country.
If you are accompanied by an emotional support or psychiatric service dog, then in addition to the above requirements, you will need to provide certification from a licensed mental health professional (Doctor). The certificate must be on that professional’s letterhead, signed and not older than one year from the date of the scheduled flight.
We kindly request you to make your special reservations for carriage of emotional support dogs at latest 3 working days before your flight.
We provide information about safety rules onboard as well as things to do in case of emergency as SunExpress by means of following methods:
- Safety information before flight (video film and/or cabin crew demonstration),
- Safety card prepared with Braille alphabet for visually impaired passengers,
- Announcements by cabin crew,
- Cards showing the safety instructions in pockets or back of the seat in front of you.
Cabin crew will help you in case of an emergency during flight.
Please listen/watch any instruction by cabin crew in case of an emergency and follow the instructions.
If you are travelling alone, you need to fulfill following requirements in case of an emergency:
- Fastening and unfastening safety belt,
- Using the oxygen mask that will drop from overhead panel in case of sudden loss of pressure,
- Putting on the life jacket.
We would like to remind you that someone should accompany you in order to help you if you need help.
Services after the flight
We continue our services as per the requests of our disabled guests or passengers with reduced mobility at the end of the flight too.
In order to make it easier for you to leave the aircraft, we will help you exit after all passengers have left the aircraft.
After the aircraft has reached the destination, the assisting equipment (wheelchair, etc.) in cargo hold will be returned to you at the gate of the aircraft.
We can accompany you to relevant passport control points in company with ground services officer in international flights. Ground services staff will help you collect your luggage and accompany you until the person and/or vehicle that will greet you outside the terminal.
Each airport has facilities to support disabled passengers and passengers with reduced mobility that request help before and after the flight.
Damages in your luggage and equipment will be compensated very fast and in priority. The compensation to be paid for the luggage and/or equipment that is damaged is determined according to international agreements. You can contact “Lost & Found Department” in case of loss or damage to the luggage. We would like to remind you that “applications” should be immediately sent to SunExpress in writing. You can access information about guarantee and compensation for lost and found luggage from “General Carriage Rules”
Please contact relevant airport for your inquiries and opinions about assistance provided to you in airports.
If you have any question regarding your ticket or reservation, please contact Call Center:
Germany Tel: 01805-95 95 90
Austria Tel: 0820-898 797
Switzerland Tel: 0900-444 797
Turkey Tel: 444-0-797
As SunExpress, our objective is to provide you higher quality and faster service. Your satisfaction is very important for us. For this reason, your each opinion is extremely valuable for us. You can send your suggestions, requests and claims about SunExpress through “here” by becoming a member of “Customer Services“ or not.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING SUNEXPRESS.