Good to know before you go
Please note the following hints.
This summer break, UK border control at sea and air ports can get very busy due to the time it takes to process the extra holidaymakers. You can keep your border control queuing to a minimum when you return by:
- using the ePassport gates
- preparing your passport by making sure it in close to hand and on the photo page
- removing all hats and sunglasses in advance
These steps can cut your wait down considerably. For further information of border control and the use of ePassport gates, please visit this page.
Travelling this summer and want to know the best way to navigate through the UK border? Border Force have created a new video guide to travelling through the UK border.
Watch here more information on video:
- Important information for entering the UK
- Know what you can and cannot bring into the UK
- The Registered Traveller service from UK Border Force
Cheap flights to and from London Luton
Know before you go for faster and safer travel: