Terms & Conditions
SunExpress’s PASSENGER, BAGGAGE TERMS & CONDITIONS
Scope of application
These Terms and Conditions apply to any air transport contracts with SunExpress being the contracting carrier.
On some services , we have arrangements with other carriers known as “Code Shares”. This means that even if you have a reservation with us and hold a ticket where our name or airline designator code (XQ) is indicated as the carrier, another carrier may operate the aircraft. If in case of a Code Share flight XQ is indicated as the carrier these Terms and Conditions will apply to such transportation. In cases in which other carriers than XQ will operate the flight , we will inform you as soon as possible as to which airline will be actually providing carriage.
All fares confirmed in the booking are valid only for the confirmed time, place of departure and destination for the person named in the booking confirmation. Full payment is due when the booking is completed. Flights booked via phone or on the Internet via our website can be paid for by credit card (Master Card, Visa). The entire ticket price will be charged immediately.
Bookings can also be paid with Debit Card and with SOFORT Banking. SOFORT Banking is faster than a normal bank transfer and is done in real-time . Your banking transfer is being secured by SOFORT Banking.
In case of non or late payment (default ), we are entitled to charge interest on arrears. In cases of return debits ( meaning the amount charged by SunExpress is charged back in full or in part or is claimed otherwise) a return debit fee of 10.- € per booking is due and payable, if the passenger is not able to verify, that there is not a marginal or no claim originated for SunExpress.
SunExpress is entitled to cancel the contract and to claim compensation relating to the escape clauses mentioned below in cases of notice of default without payment. Setting a deadline is not required if departure will be imminent so that setting a deadline would be impracticable. In such cases, we are entitled to cancel the contract immediately and to deny carriage .
Fares apply only for carriage from the airport of departure to the airport at the point of destination. Applicable taxes, fees and charges imposed by the government or other authority, or by the operator of an airport, shall be payable by you. At the time you purchase the ticket, you will be advised of taxes, fees and charges not included in the fare. If there is an increase in taxes, fees or charges after the ticket has already been issued, you will be obliged to pay that particular tax, fee or charge.
As far as international flights are concerned SunExpress accepts seat reservations up to 72 hours before scheduled departure at the latest. Sundays and bank holidays are not to be considered as far as the counting is concerned. For the handling of a seat reservation, a fee is charged. We offer that kind of service only on SunExpress aircraft and on SunExpress flights with the SunExpress airline designator code. Please ask for the effective costs and conditions or find them at www.sunexpress.com
Please note that the following category of persons is not allowed to sit at emergency exits because of security restrictions;
- Infants (under age 2) and children (under the age of 14)
- Expectant mothers
- Persons carrying animals in the cabin
- Physically or mentally disabled passengers
- Passengers with reduced mobility (e.g. due to body measurements,
illness or old age)
- Passengers hindered from moving fast due to body mass, weight, illness or age or not supposed to fasten an additional seat belt for any reason
- Passengers who are not able to understand the instructions of the cabin crew (in Turkish, German or English)
- Passengers who are not able to decide on her/his own about opening of the emergency exit and initiate an evacuation if the cabin crew is incapable of acting
- Passengers who are traveling with a passenger who is dependent on assistance in an emergency situation (e. g. toddler/child, persons with limited mobility)
- Passengers who have been deported forcibly (deportees) /or will be refused entry or detained as prisoners.
By making reservations for seats at the emergency exits you confirm that none of these criteria apply to your reservation(s). If not, we may assign another seat without reimbursement of the reservation fee.
In cases where the assignment of another seat is impossible despite exhausting all possibilities SunExpress reserves the right to deny air transport.
Tickets & Pricing
- SunExpress will provide carriage only to the passenger named in the ticket. Tickets are non-transferable. Provided that you are not traveling by electronic ticket, you only qualify for transportation on presentation of a valid ticket. If you are traveling by electronic ticket you will only qualify for transportation on presentation of a valid identity card or passport and coupon storage in the reservation system.
SunExpress ticket pricing may change dynamically depending on various factors such as date, capacity, exchange rate, and differences in fare class. SunExpress accepts no commitment or liability for dynamic changes in the fare.
You have the right to cancel the contract for carriage at any time in your own interests, we strongly recommend that you issue a notice of cancellation in writing, quoting your booking reference number. A no-show will be regarded as a cancellation.
In the event of cancellation, we shall be entitled to demand the agreed payment. We will take due account, however, of any expenditure which we normally save as a result of any cancellation of the contract or through reallocation.
The amount due to us shall be based on the cost of carriage. The following cancellation fees will be payable per passenger and shall be rounded up to the next full Euro. You have the right to provide us with evidence that no losses have been incurred or that the loss is substantially lower. The calculation is based on the price of the relevant flight minus the Service Charge (TSC). The Service Charge cannot be refunded.
More information about our cancellation rules can be found here.
If you wish to change your flight from an originally higher-cost fare flight to a lower-cost flight, the fare for the original flight will generally still apply. If you wish to rebook onto a higher-cost fare flight, you will generally be obliged to pay immediately and in full the difference in price to any higher fare at the time of rebooking (flight fare on the day of rebooking). The SunLight fare cannot be upgraded to a higher-cost fare.
If you make any changes to your flight date, destination or named airport of departure after booking your flight/s but prior to departure, the following rebooking fees will be payable per passenger, calculated on the basis of the flight fare; fees are rounded up to the nearest euro.
More information about our rebooking rules can be found here.
Name changes and replacement passengers
It is not possible to change the name of a passenger registered to an existing SunExpress reservation or carry a substitute passenger on board SunExpress flights. In order to prevent any inconvenience that may arise due to typographical errors during booking, passengers can request to change a maximum of 3 letters of their names.
Unless otherwise instructed you are committed to being at the Check-in counter two (2) hours before scheduled departure. As far as domestic flights within Turkish borders are concerned and unless otherwise instructed, you are committed to be at the check-in counter 90 minutes before scheduled departure. Please schedule your arrival at the airport with enough time to adhere to the Check-in deadline. Furthermore, you are committed to be present at the gate for boarding no later than the time provided. SunExpress reserves the right to cancel your booking or deny boarding if you do not show up in time for Check-in or at the gate. SunExpress will not accept liability for damages and expenses you suffered because of any breach of the provisions mentioned above.
Please note that for international flights booked on or after 13.03.2023 which are scheduled to depart after 26.03.2023, passengers will have the option of checking in online free of charge or checking in at the airport for a fee of 5.00 € per passenger and route. By pre-booking our “Airport Check-in” service, our passengers can benefit from a reduced fee of 2.99 € per passenger and route.
Under the following circumstances, checking in at the airport for an international flight will still be free of charge even after 26.03.2023:
- at departure airports where online check-in is not yet available
- for international flights which have been booked before 13.03.2023 and are scheduled to depart on or after 26.03.2023
- for passengers who have booked SunPriority or SunPremium, both of which include free Airport Check-in
- for children between 5 and 12 years of age who are traveling alone (Unaccompanied Minors)
- for passengers with reduced mobility and / or who require special services at the airport
- for passengers who are traveling with a pet in the cabin
- for interline and code-share passengers
- for passengers traveling on a group booking
If you have booked with a tour operator, please check with your tour operator if the airport check-in fee is already included in your fare.
More information regarding check-in options, availability (both online and at the airport check-in counters) and boarding pass requirements can be found here.
Conduct aboard aircraft
If your behavior on board is such that you endanger the aircraft, persons or items on board or that you prevent the crew from carrying out their duties or that you fail to follow the crew´s instructions, including those regarding smoking, drug or alcohol consumption or if you cause trouble or injury to other passengers or the crew, SunExpress reserves the right to prevent your behavior with every necessary and appropriate measure and to deny further transport as specified below.
Restriction/refusal of carriage
SunExpress is entitled to refuse carriage, subsequent carriage or cancel carriage ahead of schedule of passengers or their luggage if one or more of the following occurs:
In terms of passengers;
- carriage of passengers would violate applicable law, regulations or requirements of the country they are departing from, going to or flying over
- carriage of passengers would impair the safety, order or health of other passengers or crew or would cause an unreasonable burden
- possession of weapons of any kind including but not limited to (a) firearms, cutting or thrusting weapons as well as spraying devices used for attacking or defense (b) ammunition or explosive substances (c) items that appear to be weapons, ammunition or explosive substances that have not been notified by the passenger before check-in. The carriage of those items might be acceptable as long as they are carried as cargo or checked baggage in accordance with the regulations governing the carriage of dangerous goods. This does not apply to police officers that are required to carry service weapons in order to manage their duties. Before departure, these passengers are committed to hand over service weapons to the captain.
- the mental or physical condition of the passenger, including derogation caused by alcohol or drugs would cause a danger or risk for the passenger himself, other passengers, crew or items
- the passenger refuses security checks
- the passenger has not paid the valid fare, any due taxes or other charges and fees, including any such debts for previous flights
- the passenger is not in possession of all relevant documents required for departure/entry of the country of destination, does not carry valid travel documents or destroys these documents during the flight or refuses to hand over these documents to the crew against receipt despite request
- the passenger infringed rules to a not inconsiderable extent on an earlier flight and there is reason to believe that such conduct may be repeated
- the passenger in need of special care because of a medical condition, disability or other reason does not register for special care within a period of two (2) business days (48 hours) before departure
- for safety reasons SunExpress will not provide carriage to expectant mothers within the final four (4) weeks prior to birth. For your own safety, we would like to point out that air transport as of the 36th week of pregnancy is a considerable risk for yourself and your baby.
- if fraudulent activities are suspected and/or detected by SunExpress or the acquirer bank, SunExpress is entitled to cancel the affected booking or further reserve the right to define the way of collecting the total booking amount.
In terms of baggage;
- your baggage includes items that are suitable for endangering the aircraft or persons or property aboard aircraft, such as those specified in the ICAO or IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations, which are available from us or any authorized agent.
- this particularly includes explosives, ammunition, fireworks, flares, gases, flammable/ non-flammable/ deep frozen/ and toxic liquids such as camping gas, aerosols, lighter gas and lighter fuel, paints and thinners, flammable solids such as matches and other highly flammable materials (lighters).
- Self-igniting substances, substances which develop combustible gases upon contact with water, oxidizing substances such as bleaching agents and peroxides, toxic substances, pathogenic agents as well as radioactive materials.
- acrid substances (e.g. mercury in alcohol-mercury thermometers), acids (alkalis, battery fluid), magnetizing substances, all kinds of liquids and hazardous goods listed in the IATA Dangerous Goods Regulations.
- carriage of items that are prohibited by applicable laws, regulations or orders of any state to be flown from, to or over.
- carriage of items that are dangerous, unsafe or not suitable for carriage because of their weight, size or perishable or fragile nature or particular sensitivity. Further information is available from any authorized agent.
If your checked baggage includes any of those items, materials or substances mentioned above, these items, materials or substances will be removed. This requires your baggage to be opened in order to remove the item, material or substance of risk.
Within the scope of the air-transport contract, you are entitled to carry along a certain amount of baggage free of charge. The limits are to be derived from the ticket and the invitation to bid that has been the basis of your offer for the conclusion of the contract concerning. An extra charge applies for additional, overweight and/or oversized pieces. Please be aware that very item of luggage must not be heavier than 32 kg. Please keep in mind that your baggage might be checked at check-in. SunExpress will not accept any pointed or sharp items in passengers’ carry-on baggage (e.g. knives, scissors or manicure sets). These kinds of items have to be carried in passengers’ checked baggage.
SunExpress will not accept any liability or responsibility for safekeeping for items being rejected at the security checks.
Your checked/hold baggage may be opened by authorities for security reasons. If it is locked, SunExpress shall not be held responsible for any damages which may occur.
Your carry-on baggage allowance depends on your booked fare. If you have booked SunLight, you are allowed to bring one (1) small piece of carry-on baggage (hand baggage) up to four (4) kg (max. measurements: 40cmx30cmx20cm) free of charge. If you have booked SunEco, SunClassic or SunPremium, you are allowed to bring one (1) piece of carry-on baggage up to eight (8) kg (max. measurements: 55cmx40cmx20cm) free of charge. Non-adherence to the maximum weight or maximum dimension is subject to an excess hand baggage fee of € 80.00 payable before boarding. For flights departing from UK the fee amounts to 80 £. Otherwise, SunExpress has the right not to accept the passenger on the flight.
According to Regulation (EC) No. 1546/2006 all passengers departing from airports in the European Union and Switzerland (including connecting flights) are only allowed to transport liquids, pressurized containers, pastes, lotions and other gel-like substances up to a maximum amount of 100 ml per item in their carry-on baggage. Essential is the maximum filling amount printed on the container. All of these single containers must be packed in one (1) transparent, re-sealable plastic bag with capacity not greater than one (1) liter and will be checked. Only one (1) plastic bag per passenger is allowed. Special rules apply to prescribed medication and baby food. Some Non-EU states have adopted these or similar regulations. Further information is available from us and our authorized agents.
You do not have any claim for transportation as far as items are concerned that do not match the requirements mentioned above and that are not suitable for transportation in the cargo hold (e.g. sensitive musical instruments). These kinds of items will only be accepted for carriage if we have been notified in advance and if we have approved them for carriage. A fee is required for the carriage of these special items. Unless SunExpress agrees to a fee required contract of deposit, we do not accept any liability for baggage left behind at the Check-in counter or gate.
For safety reasons, Samsung Galaxy Note 7 mobile telephones are currently not allowed to be used on any aircraft. This means that the telephone must be completely switched off and it is not allowed to be charged on board.
Checked baggage must not include:
- money, jewelery, precious metal, cameras, mobile phones, electronic devices (e.g. laptops or personal computers), business papers
- identity cards, passports or other identification papers, samples and valuables, meaning items worth more than € 300,– (the cost price is the critical factor), except for clothing.
With reference to Article 20 of the Convention for the Unification of Certain Rules for International Carriage by Air (Montreal, 28 May 1999) and Article 20 and 21 of the Warsaw Convention, SunExpress will not accept any liability for damages to or loss of items being wrongfully carried in the checked baggage. The same is true of consequential and indirect damages.
A fee is charged for the carriage of special baggage. Sports equipment e.g. bicycles, bodyboards, surfboards etc. in particular are deemed to be special baggage. The same is true of animals. We would like to point out that the national regulations and the IATA Live Animals Regulations will be applied. Animals must be transported in a suitable, solid, leak-proof and escape-proof container as stated in the IATA Live Animals Regulations. For safety reasons and limitation of aircrafts hold capacity the passenger has to apply in advance, with our reconfirmation, for carriage of animals. The passenger is responsible for all documents required for the animal to enter the country of destination. SunExpress reserves the right to deny carriage of animals in any case of noncompliance.
Liability and time limitation
The Montreal Convention or the Warsaw Convention may be applicable to your carriage and these Conventions govern and may limit the liability of air carriers for death or injuries of passengers, for loss of or damage to baggage and for delay.
Where the Montreal Convention applies, the limits of liability are as follows:
1. There are no financial limits for passengers ´ injury or death. For damages up to 100.000 SDR (approximately € 122.000,–) the air carrier reserves the right to prove that the damage was caused or contributed to by the negligence or other wrongful act or omission of the person claiming compensation, or the person from whom he or she derives his or her rights. The air carrier will be wholly or partly exonerated from its liability to the claimant to the extent that such negligence or wrongful act or omission caused or contributed to the damage (Art. 20).
Above that amount the air carrier can defend itself against a claim by proving that the damage was not due to the negligence or other wrongful act or omission of the carrier or its servants or agents or was solely due to the negligence or other wrongful act or omission of a third party. The air carrier will make an advanced payment to cover immediate economic needs.
2. In case of destruction, loss of, damage to or delay of baggage up to 1.131 SDR (approximately € 1.220,–) unless the interest in delivery is higher than the limit mentioned above and the passenger informed the air carrier at Check-in and paid the supplementary fee or ensured that the baggage is fully insured.
3. In case of damages caused by delay up to 4.150 SDR (approximately € 5.100,–).
Where the Warsaw Convention applies, the limits of liability are as follows:
1. 250.000 Poincare Francs (approximately € 27.400,–) as far as the Hague Protocol is applicable and 125.000 Poincare Francs (approximately € 13.700,–) as far as the Warsaw Convention is applicable.
2. 250,– Poincare Francs (€ 27,35) per kg for destruction, loss of, damage to or delay of checked baggage and 5.000,– Poincare Francs (€ 547,–) for unchecked baggage. A passenger can benefit from a higher liability limit by paying a supplementary fee for a special declaration.
Time limitation: Any action in court to claim damages must be brought within two (2) years from the date of arrival of the aircraft, or from the date on which the aircraft ought to have arrived.
SunExpress will not accept any liability for damages occurring because of the removal of items, materials or substances out of your baggage. This does not apply to cases of malice or gross negligence.
Flight schedules and times of departure
Times of departure published in flight schedules may change between the date of publication and the date of booking or departure. They are not an integral part of our contract.
Before accepting your booking we will communicate the scheduled time of departure in effect. Please keep in mind that SunExpress does not guarantee set hours for departure but air transport during the day of operation that you have booked. SunExpress will provide passengers with definite times of departure as soon as possible.
SunExpress will endeavor to reduce any changes in times of departure to a minimum and to inform passengers as soon as possible. Due to operational reasons even provided times may change to a certain extent.
SunExpress reserves the right to change the aircraft or delegate air transport to a third party either halfway or in full. SunExpress will still be responsible for your carriage even though delegating air transport to another carrier. In case of delegation to another carrier we will inform about the change as soon as possible meaning during boarding at the latest. The blacklist of all carriers that are not allowed to deliver air transport is obtainable by the relevant National Enforcement Bodies (NEB) such as the French DGAC and the Air Transport User Council or Civil Aviation Authority for the United Kingdom.
The unauthorized operation of electronic equipment, including, but not limited to, mobile phones, laptops, PDAs, CD Players, electronic games or transmitting devices, radio -controlled toys and Walkie-Talkies aboard the aircraft is prohibited and may be subject to criminal prosecution. Pacemakers and hearing aids are excluded.
All SunExpress flights are non-smoking flights, meaning that smoking is prohibited in all areas aboard aircraft and during your whole stay on board.
You are obliged and responsible for obtaining all required, relevant documents and visas and for complying with all laws, regulations, orders, demands and requirements of countries to be flown from, into or over. SunExpress will not accept any liability for consequences resulting from your failure to obtain such documents or for your failure to follow rules and instructions.
It is your obligation to exhibit and permit copying all documents relevant for entering and/or leaving the particular country, health certificates or other important papers that are required by law, regulation, order, demand or other requirements of that country. We reserve the right to deny carriage in cases of noncompliance with prevailing provisions or incompleteness of documents. SunExpress will not accept any liability for losses or expenses resulting from failure to comply with these provisions.
Violation of conditions of entry and consequences
If you are denied entry into a country, you will be held liable for any fine imposed against SunExpress by the relevant country. If you are refused entry into a country (final destination or transit) and in case of adjudication of authorities to do so, we will carry you back to the place of your departure or any other place. You are committed to pay the applicable fare for that particular flight. As far as the payment of that particular fare is concerned, we may apply the funds you have paid for parts of the journey not made or any of your funds we are in possession of. We will not refund the pro rata fare collected for parts of your journey to the point of refusal of entry or deportation. If we are committed to pay any fine or deposit or have to bear expenses by reason of your failure to comply with laws, regulations, orders, demands or other requirements of the countries concerned, you will have to reimburse the amount of money that we advanced on loan. To cover such expenses , we are entitled to use the value of any unused carriage on our ticket or any of your funds we are in possession of. Fines vary from country to country and may be higher than the fare you have paid.
- The voucher is valid for 4 years from the date of issue and is provided for use in the form of a code.
- It can be redeemed against flights and services a) online at sunexpress.com or via SunExpress mobile application during the payment stage, b) being sold by connected direct travel agencies or c) made via our Customer Service Center (Contact numbers can be found here).
- The voucher is valid for all XQ flights and SunExpress services (discounted upgrade bundles, XLeg seats, Premium meals, additional luggage etc.) that can be pre-booked on sunexpress.com. It cannot be used for services that are provided by third parties or that can only be purchased on-board such as duty-free, in-flight entertainment and food and beverages. Pre-order duty-free is also excluded.
- The voucher’s recipient may redeem the gift certificate multiple times until the available balance is zero or until the specified end date has expired.
- If necessary, where the balance is insufficient for a purchase, the amount remaining may be topped up with a credit card.
- The voucher can be used by the recipient to purchase flights and services for people other than the recipient.
- The voucher cannot be redeemed against SunExpress flights and services sold by tour operators and other third parties.
- SunExpress does not accept responsibility for stolen or lost vouchers. We recommended not to divulge the voucher code to others, as when the code is revealed, anyone can use it to make bookings.
- The voucher cannot be paid out in cash. Furthermore, when the entitlement to payment is selected and made use of in the form of a voucher, then the return and exchange of said voucher is no longer possible.
You accept that you have provided SunExpress with your private data for the following purposes: the booking process itself and as the case may be the booking of auxiliary services (also third parties), handling as far as conditions of entry are concerned and conveyance to the relevant authorities that are involved in processing your flight. You authorize SunExpress to pass on the data to our offices, empowered agents, domestic and foreign authorities, other airlines or persons rendering services mentioned above in order to execute in a proper way.
The ticket fares do not include travel cancellation insurance. We strongly recommend that you consider adding the available insurance options while booking your flight. In case of an insured event, it is your obligation to inform the insurer in writing immediately. SunExpress will not be involved in the claim settlement process.
It is your responsibility to arrive at the airport on time; please select your train connections accordingly. Rail&Fly is bookable up to one day before departure and for international flights from/to Germany, Basel and Salzburg only. SunExpress is only the agent for the train transportation and therefore not liable for this service. In case of train irregularities, please contact Deutsche Bahn directly. If canceled up to 48 hours before the flight’s departure, the Rail&Fly ticket will be refunded. Rail&Fly tickets are non-transferable and only valid together with the flight ticket and ID card / passport.
SunExpress your benefits
SunExpress your benefits (“Program”), is offered by Güneş Ekspres Havacılık A.Ş.SunExpress would like to use to reward their customers’ loyalty.
SunExpress is the only authority and organizer of Program, designed to award its participants, i.e., the most valuable customers of SunExpress, a wide range of special offers to show appreciation for their business. SunExpress reserves the right to include other airlines and/or service companies in the Program (such as hotel, car rental companies) and allow earning / redeeming Points via such companies.
There are certain conditions presented for earning/redeeming points and General Terms and Conditions of Program; and these conditions are presented to you. SunExpress reserves the right to change these General Terms and Conditions at any time without any notice or liability. By applying for membership to the Program, these customers, without prejudice to any existing and future agreements with SunExpress, enter into a contractual agreement with SunExpress as defined in these General Terms and Conditions and any subsequent additions and/or amendments thereto.
Program enrollment is open to any real person aged two (2) years and above who are permanently domiciled in a country which the Program is applied and permitted by law, and they are able under the rules applicable to their personal status to become a member of the Program. The consent of the parent or guardian is required for members under 16 years of age and membership is not valid for any form of legal entity or any kind of company, including sole trader enterprises. Membership is not open to legal entities or other groups or associations.
Customers who are applied for the Program and approved (the “Member”) can be awarded with Program benefits and/or awards only based on Flights or Points on their accounts since enrollment to the Program. Participation in the Program or any benefits earned hereunder cannot be transferred or assigned by the Member to any third party.
As a Program Member, you can earn free flights and Points. First, Members have the chance to collect flights. Once ten flights have been collected, a free flight will be given. The only restriction is the fact that for an international free flight the Member must have a minimum of five (5) international flights out of ten (10) flights in his account.
The second option is the collection and redemption of Points. These can be earned by purchasing ancillary services (seats and extra luggage) as well as by several social activities in social media or in the member portal such as inviting a friend to join the program, share content on Facebook, linking family accounts or providing personal travel preferences such as preferred destinations, seats, etc. Points will be given also for enrollment or as a gift for the Member’s birthday. The collected points can be used as a kind of payment method for the purchase of ancillary services (seats and extra luggage). More information about the earning and redeeming options can be found in section 2.2 and 3.2 of these General Terms and Conditions.
A special benefit for families is the option to create a Family Account. The creator of the Family Account (“Head”) can invite up to six (6) Members to join the account. Members will be able to collect Points together and reach their desired benefits faster.
SunExpress your benefits also offer promotions for limited periods, through which Members can earn more Flights and/or more Points.
By continuously adding new collaborative Program partners, SunExpress constantly gives you more opportunities to earn Points.
To be eligible to take part in the Program, customers must create a user profile by providing information such as full name, a valid e-mail address. Subject to their final acceptance into the Program by SunExpress, membership begins upon completing and submitting the online application form and accepting and acknowledging the ‘SunExpress your benefits’ General Terms and Conditions. This can only be done online on the SunExpress your benefits website www.sunexpress.com/sunexpress-your-benefits. In the registration process customers have the option to register via their Facebook account and login with their Facebook credentials afterwards.
Once the completed online registration form has been submitted and the General Terms and Conditions accepted, the customer will receive an activation e-mail. To confirm registration, the customer must click on the activation link in the e-mail. The customer will then receive a welcome e-mail that notifies the application has been accepted by SunExpress with a message containing a personal membership number.
Membership is not confirmed, and points will not be recognized until the membership form has been processed and the application has been approved by SunExpress. SunExpress has the sole discretion for Program member acceptance and may reject any member acceptance to the Program without specifying any reason.
Membership is limited to one person per membership number. A customer cannot have more than one user profile. Joint applications by several persons and multiple applications by the same person are not permitted. If a member is found to have actively enrolled more than once and has more than one account, SunExpress will recognize only one account. SunExpress reserves the right to credit or forfeit the respective points in duplicate accounts.
Participation in the Program is free. There is no time limit to taking part in the Program.
By accepting these General Terms and Conditions, the Member automatically agrees to receive written information from SunExpress as part of communication regarding the Program and any related services.
1.2 Cancellation of membership
Members may choose to close their account at any time online via Member’s account or by contacting the Service Center here. All Points and benefits of the closed account will be forfeited from the account. As from the cancellation, Membership is cancelled and Points, Flights and earned free flights may no longer be applicable. These accounts cannot be re-activated again.
General Terms and Conditions shall continue to apply after cancellation, in order to complete the membership process.
SunExpress may terminate the Program without any reason subject to two weeks’ prior notice.
SunExpress your benefits members, also have the option of freezing their account for twelve months. The account can be reactivated within this period. To do so, the Member must contact the Service Center. If A Member does not do so, all free flights, Flights and Points earned will be automatically lost.
For fraud investigation, member account can be suspended. SunExpress reserves the right to terminate the account and remove all points and benefits of the member immediately for proven fraud cases. SunExpress is entitled to terminate its contractual relationship with a member and will maintain its rights to take the member to the court and ask for compensation without any prior notification for the cases stated below but not limited to:
- a) member acts contradictory to the rules set by General Terms and Conditions in the Program informative documents,
- b) member provides substantially false information (e.g., details of flights flown) or takes advantage of the Program illegally,
- c) member aggravates, annoys, or attacks orally or physically Program or SunExpress staff or other passengers and members; behaves contrarily to the directions of the staff in charge or damages the aircraft or cabin attendants’ properties.
1.3 Transfer of the ‘SunPoints’ loyalty programme
Without exception, all points earned by Members in the previous SunPoints loyalty programme at SunExpress shall be transferred to the new SunExpress your benefits programme in full. The total amount of Points in the SunPoints Members’ account will be converted to the equivalent amount of free flights that he would be entitled to according to the SunPoints rules. All remaining points will be converted to Points according to the new conversion rate of SunExpress your benefits. Hence, all members will have free flights, flights and Points in their account.
All SunPoints members will receive an e-mail through which they can re-register for SunExpress your benefits and be informed about the current status of their free flights, flights, and Points.
2. Flights and Points
SunExpress gives Members the opportunity to earn flights and Points by participating in the Program.
Members will receive regular e-mails with an overview of their earned Flights and Points.
Flights are non-transferable, they can only be collected on individual accounts. Points can be transferred to another account under the condition that both Members are in the same Family Account (refer section 4 for more information on the Family Account). In addition, Points cannot be converted to or redeemed in cash or cash equivalents and/or their validity cannot be extended or combined with any other means of payment. In case of Member’s death, his personal account will be closed and all points in the Member’s account will be forfeited.
SunExpress reserves the right to exclude certain fare, payment and/or passenger categories fully or partly from the Program. Following fare basis codes are excluded from the Program and members cannot earn Flights and Points for flights taken with these fare codes. These sections include but are not limited to free of charge, only tax payable, duty, stand-by, codeshare, flights that are booked as part of a package holiday through a travel agent/tour operator.
2.1 Earning Flights
From September 04th, 2023 when booking a flight, please enter your Loyalty ID number manually during the booking process.
Members can collect Flights by flying domestic and international destinations, at all applicable fares on scheduled flights of SunExpress. This includes exclusively flights booked on sunexpress.com and via a travel agency using the currently used SunExpress booking system (iFly Res). The flight is credited to the account after the Member has taken the flight.
All flights that are non-taxable, ID (airline employees) and stand-by flights, as well as code-share flights, are excluded from the SunExpress your benefits program.
Flights collected in the Member’s account shall expire after three (3) years following their collection. They shall be erased at the end of the month in which they were credited to the account. If SunExpress cancels the booked flight, the Member is entitled to have his account credited with this flight. If, by contrast, the Member does not travel on the booked flight or cancel it, the member’s account will not be credited.
For any disputes regarding Flights and Points accrual on SunExpress flights, Members should disclose flight coupons or boarding passes.
2.2 Collecting Points
From September 04th, 2023 when booking a flight, please enter your Loyalty ID number manually during the booking process.
Points are the digital currency of SunExpress your benefits. Thirty (30) Points are equivalent to one (1) euro/try (this equivalent does not apply for standard seat or XLeg reservations) SunExpress is authorized to change this conversion value at any time without stating any reasons
Each time a Member books a special SunExpress service (excess baggage or Sunfares) on sunexpress.com, they earn Points according to the current conversion value for Points. For standard seats, SunExpress your benefits Members will earn 30 Points (regardless of the amount paid by the Member). For XLeg seats your benefits Members will earn 60 of SunExpress your benefits Points (regardless the amount paid by the Member).
SunExpress also awards Points for the following activities:
- From 14.01.2022 once after registering 5 domestic or international flights, 300 Thank you Points are credited to the Member’s account. One one-way flight corresponds to one flight.
- Inviting friends to become SunExpress your benefits members: 10 Points are credited to the Member’s account who invites a friend to join the Program. This is done by sending out an invitation email with the member’s email address as sender to him. The points will be credited two (2) times per invited and registered person. The person is registered once he/she has clicked on the link in the email and finalized the registration process. This activity is limited to 20 Points per Member. However, Members can invite as many friends as they may wish.
- Linking two Family Accounts: 10 Points are credited to both accounts of each Head when successfully connecting. The connection is successful once the invited Head has accepted the invitation by clicking on the link in the email. This activity is limited to two (2) times per Head of a Family Account. One Family Account cannot be linked to more than two (2) Family Accounts.
- Sharing preferences: 20 Points are credited to the Member’s account once he/she has filled out one block on the My Preferences page in the member portal. As there are currently four (4) blocks this activity is limited to 80 Points per Member. Once a block has been filled and the Points credited to the Member’s account, he will be able to edit the preferences, but the points will not be credited a second time.
- Points for the Member’s birthday: 5 Points are credited to the Member’s account on the day of his Birthday according to date that he entered in his profile section when enrolling. This activity is limited to one (1) time per Member and year.
Points collected in the Member’s account shall expire after three (3) years following their collection. They shall be erased at the end of the month in which they were credited to the account.
If SunExpress cancels a flight on which the Member has booked one or several special services, the Member is entitled to the respective Points.
If the Member has booked extra services that he or she does not receive, the Member is entitled to the respective Points.
If the Member cancels its booked flights or the extra services he or she has booked, Member is not entitled to the Points.
2.3 Retrospective crediting of Flights and Points
Flights and Points are generally automatically credited after 24 hours at the latest. Flights and Points collected can also be credited retrospectively. To do so, the Member must fill in a supplementary form on the activities page of the SunExpress your benefits website. Here, the name of the passenger to whom the ticket is issued must match the name of the Program Member registered with SunExpress your benefits. Retrospective crediting of Flights and Points request must be done within three (3) months following the flight or service concerned but can only happen seven days after the flight has been taken at the earliest. If the system does not match the records, then the Member will be asked to send adequate documentary evidence of the event (such as a copy of the ticket coupon and boarding card) by e-mail. Requests which are not made within three (3) months after a flight taken or service used are not accepted, and documents will not be returned.
3. Redeeming Flights and Points
3.1 Redeeming Flights
From September 04th, 2023 redemption of free flights will not be available online. To redeem free flights, please call the SunExpress Call Centre.
As soon as the Member has collected ten (10) Flights with SunExpress in his or her account, he or she shall be entitled to book a free flight. The Member will be able to see this in the SunExpress your benefits portal and can also initiate the booking via the portal. The Member is then forwarded to the booking process on the SunExpress website, where Members can complete their bookings.
If at least five (5) international flights have been booked using the account, the Member can choose between a domestic Turkish flight and an international (10) flight. If only domestic flights have been collected the Member is only eligible for a domestic free flight. In the case all ten flights are international flights, the free flight can be a domestic or international one.
The availability of free flights may be subject to the date of the flight, the season and the route, capacity or other restrictions such as blackout periods as determined by SunExpress. Various regulation changes may also take place concerning the process of earning certain free flights and their usage. Therefore, free flights may not be available at certain times. The Member has no right to demand a booking for a free flight on a specific flight and on a specific date.
All levies, taxes, surcharges and service fees (e.g., airport taxes, security fees, transfer fees) associated with the free flight must be borne by the Member.
The booking of a free flight as a transfer flight must be done in accordance with SunExpress’ current transfer-flight rules.
If the free flight is canceled by the Member, any levies, taxes, surcharges or service fees incurred are not refunded. In the event of the Member holding confirmed seat failing to present himself/herself for his/her booked flight due to any reason or failing to present the necessary documents for the flight (no-show/off-load), the free flight is nonrefundable.
In case a Member requests changes (such as flight time, re-routing etc.) for his/her free flight then the current charges for such changes apply.
The Member shall also receive Points for special services booked on free flights.
3.2 Redeeming Points
From September 04 th, 2023 redemption of Points will not be available online. To redeem Points for extra luggage or seat reservations, please call the SunExpress Call Centre.
Points collected can be exchanged for extra SunExpress services on an availability basis. This is currently possible for reservation of standard seats and XLeg seats as well as for additional luggage. For standard seats 300 Points are needed, regardless of the price shown without redeeming Points. For XLeg seats 600 Points are needed, regardless of the price shown without redeeming Points. SunExpress reserves the right to make changes to SunExpress services at any time without stating any reasons.
Points can be directly redeemed during the booking process. To do so, the Member may choose the ‘Redeem Points’ option on the payment page and select the extra service he or she wants to pay for using Points.
For domestic flights in Turkey, the usual VAT rate applies to extra services that are paid for with Points. This must be paid for by the Member when booking.
4. The Family Account
From September 04th, 2023 family account functionalities will be deactivated, therefore Point transfer will not be possible until further notice.
The Family Account is a major component of SunExpress your benefits, because it offers families unique benefits.
SunExpress your benefits members have the option of running a Family Account with other family members and collecting Points together.
Anyone over 18 years of age can set up a Family Account and manage it as an account holder (“Head”).
The responsible Head can invite other SunExpress your benefits members as well as people that are not yet registered with SunExpress your benefits to be part of their Family Account.
People who are already SunExpress your benefits members may confirm their membership of the Family Account by clicking on the confirmation link in the invitation e-mail.
People who are not yet SunExpress your benefits members must register first by clicking on the link in the invitation e-mail and will then be automatically added to the Family Account.
The Family Account is limited to seven members. This means that the Head can invite up to six people.
The Head can invite any relatives regardless of their relation (e.g. husband/wife, father, mother, brothers, sisters, children, grandparents etc.) SunExpress reserves the right to request official documentation as proof of the relationship, without stating any reasons for this.
The Points collected can be transferred from one Family Account member to another. Only the Head is authorized to transfer Points.
Flights can only be transferred by children under the age of 16 to the account of the ‘head’, in order to book flights for the child, as soon as 10 flights have been collected on the account.
Membership in a Family Account shall last a minimum of three (3) months after he/she has joined the account. After this period, membership can be cancelled at any time.
Each Member may only be part of one Family Account.
The Head cannot remove people from the Family Account by himself or herself. Members can only be removed via the Service Center upon authorized Head’s request.
If the account holder no longer wants to be part of the Family Account, Head can request that the Family Account be completely deleted or arrange for another Family Account member to become the Head. Both of these requests can only be processed via the Service Center upon authorized Head’s request.
5. Participating account for children
Children between two and 16 can only become SunExpress your benefits members if they have permission from their parent or guardian.
The parent or guardian has the option of creating a SunExpress your benefits account for his/her child only within the framework of a family account by providing his/her own e-mail address. By accepting these General Terms & Conditions, the person who is adding a child under 16 years of age to a family account confirms that he/she is the custodial parent or legal guardian of the child and he/she has the legal right to create and manage a SunExpress your benefits account on behalf of the child. If a participating child becomes 16 years old, the holder of the Family Account can provide the child’s e-mail address via the portal. This member will then receive an e-mail from SunExpress your benefits and be able to set up his/her own password and hence have his/her own SunExpress your benefits account. The child’s membership and all related information (incl. collected Flights, free flights and Points) will be erased when the child turns 18, if the Head of the Family Account has not provided the child’s e-mail address or the child has not set up his/her own account by then.
Limitation of liability rules in SunExpress’s General Conditions (Passenger and Baggage) shall apply for this Program as well.
6.2 Taxes and other Charges
SunExpress accepts no liability for any taxes or other charges to which members or third parties may be subject in connection with benefits obtained under the Program.
SunExpress has the right to use the member information within the context of the Program and/or share it with the program partners. At the commencement of membership, the Member is deemed to accept the above.
6.4 Local Law
In some countries, local law may impose restrictions on the General Terms and Conditions of the Program. SunExpress is entitled to take any action required to ensure compliance with such restrictions and may not be held liable for compensatory damages by Members as a result of such actions.
6.5 Abuse of Program Awards
Program members who contravene the general terms and conditions of Program membership, misuse program awards or attempt to obtain benefits by providing false information (especially concerning flight data), may-in addition to any compensatory damages which may arise from such actions-have their Program membership terminated by SunExpress, and have any Points and/or awards already obtained declared invalid. Member must pay a compensation for the award misused that is the highest fee of the revenue ticket equivalent of the award. SunExpress reserves the right to indemnify the remainder damages.
6.6 SunExpress’ regulations for General Conditions Of Carriage of Passengers and Baggage
Travel on SunExpress will be subject to SunExpress’ standard conditions of carriage.
6.7 SunExpress’ right to change or terminate the Program and renunciation of awards, and restriction of responsibility
SunExpress reserves the right to wholly or partially change or terminate the SunExpress your benefits loyalty programme and/or any collaboration with partners under the Program at any time, to replace it with another programme or to transfer it to a programme owned by a third party. In these cases, the regulations governing termination in accordance with Point 1.2 shall apply. If SunExpress your benefits are transferred to a Program owned by a third party, the member has a right to revoke his membership in line with the legal requirements.
Any amendments or additions to the General Terms and Conditions of the Program shall become binding for all Members as soon as the related information is announced at any sales office of SunExpress, SunExpress Call Centre, at web site or on the activity statements sent to the members by e-mail. Therefore, collected points or awards shall not constitute a vested interest. SunExpress does not guarantee the availability of the awards or requirement for the same number of Points for same awards or right of using the awards for the flights chosen by the Member. SunExpress has the sole and exclusive power over the Program. In case of SunExpress’ granting of periodical awards or other practices contrary to the principles of the Program or granting of additional periodical rights or failure or delay by SunExpress in exercising any of its rights under the program or requiring the Member’s compliance with any of Program conditions or shall not be construed as a waiver of power over the Program or right to require Member’s compliance with any of the rules that he/she is bound with nor such exceptional practice shall be deemed to have granted the Member or other persons with additional rights or amended the Program principles or constitute a precedent for similar practices.
6.8 SunExpress’ right to entrust the program
SunExpress reserves the right to entrust the operation of the Program to successor companies (in the event of corporate restructuring of their own organizations) or to a third party, and to transfer the agreements made with the Program’s Members to such successor companies or to a third party to that end. Members will be given reasonable notice of any such development.
7. Governing Law, Jurisdiction
The contractual relationship between the Members and SunExpress as well as these General Terms and Conditions are governed by Turkish Law.
The exclusive place of jurisdiction for any claims resulting from or raised in relation with the Membership to the Program or in relation with these General Terms and Conditions shall be Antalya Courts and Execution offices. SunExpress reserves, however, the right to sue at any other competent court within a jurisdiction.
8. Information on data protection
SunExpress is the Data Controller for any processing of personal data within the SunExpress your benefits programme. The processing of personal data is performed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (Reg. EU 2016/679) (“GDPR”) and the Turkish Law on the Protection of Personal Data No. 6698 (“KVKK”).
On the SunExpress your benefits website, SunExpress collects your personal data for the following purposes:
- Administering the loyalty programme,
- Ensuring that members can set up and manage their accounts effectively,
- Rewarding members with flights, Points, free flights and extra SunExpress services,
based on a contractual obligation according to Art. 6 (1)(b) GDPR, Art. 5 (2)(c) KVKK;
- Usage for personalized content on sunexpress.com
- Pre-fill of data during the booking flow
- Sending direct-mailings, newsletters with personalized offers,
based on your given consent according to Art. 6 (1)(a) GDPR, Art. 5 (1) KVKK.
For these purposes, we may collect the following data from you:
- Your name, surname and contact information such as your e-mail address, phone number and postal address,
- Date of birth,
- Ticket and flight booking details,
- Purchases of ancillaries,
- Number of travellers,
- Personal interests such as preferred seat, preferred meal, departure airport, travel partner, booking channel, connecttion between families.
We may need to forward such data of yours collected for the purposes mentioned above to third parties to be able to carry out the operations of the loyalty programme. These recipients can be categorized as follows:
- Other SunExpress entities,
- Service providers,
o Payment Services
o Credit Agencies
- Governmental authorities.
If you resign from the programme, or freeze your account and do not reactivate it within 12 months, your personal data on interests such as preferred seat, preferred meal, departure airport, travel partner, booking channel will be deleted. Other personal data will be retained for the period during which legal claims may be brought by and against SunExpress, or SunExpress is legally required to retain such data.
If you require further information about the processing of your personal data by SunExpress or wish to learn and exercise your rights under the applicable legislation, you may refer to the Protection of Personal Data Announcement of SunExpress available at https://www.sunexpress.com/en/data-protection/.