Have everything with you on vacation
We ask all passengers to clearly label their travel baggage with their name, home address and holiday address. Should your baggage be lost or damaged, please report this immediately to the ground handling staff at the arrival hall. As airlines have limited liability for checked-in baggage, important items should be carried in your hand baggage. In any case, it is advisable to take out additional luggage insurance.
Your checked/hold baggage may be opened by authorities for security reasons. If it is locked, SunExpress shall not be held responsible for any damages which may occur.
On international SunExpress flights, the free baggage allowance depends on the selected fare.
Baggage allowance for each SunFare
Türkiye (Turkey): Antalya, Alanya/Gazipaşa, Bodrum, Dalaman
|20 kg||25 kg||30 kg|
|All other destinations in Türkiye (Turkey), Iraq & Lebanon||30 kg||35 kg||40 kg|
- Infants under 2 years have a baggage allowance of 20 kg. Pushchairs/buggies, travel cots and child car seats are stowed in the hold with no additional charge.
- If the baggage allowance is exceeded, an excess baggage fee starting from 10.00 € per kilogram and route is applied.
- Please note, due to EU regulations, each item of luggage must not weigh more than 32 kg.
- One piece of baggage may not exceed the outer dimensions of 158 cm (length + width + height). If the respective size limits are exceeded, a flat fee of 45.00 € will be charged.
- The SunLight fare does not include any luggage. Guests can book luggage to their fare to best suit their individual needs.
Flights within Türkiye (Turkey)
For flights within Türkiye (Turkey) the baggage allowance is between 15 and 25 kg – depending on which fare (SunFares) you have chosen.
- On flights within Türkiye (Turkey) the free baggage allowance for infants is 15 kg.
- For excess baggage on all flights within Türkiye (Turkey), a fee of 60.00 ₺ / kg will be charged.
- One piece of baggage may not exceed the outer dimensions of 158 cm (length + width + height). If the respective size limits are exceeded, a flat fee of 150.00 ₺ will be charged.
- On international SunExpress flights, the free baggage allowance depends on the selected fare.
If you have booked flights with SunExpress which include one or more stopovers (e.g. a domestic and an international flight), the baggage allowance of the international flight applies to all flights.
On connecting flights (e.g. a domestic and an international flight), the free baggage allowance of the international flight applies.
Flights from Türkiye (Turkey) to the UK
Specific security requirements apply for travel baggage on flights from Türkiye (Turkey) to the UK. Please click here for further details.
Detailed information on which electronic devices passengers are allowed to carry in travel baggage can be found here
Special rules apply for bringing plants and plant products from a non-EU country into the EU. For more information, please click here
Book extra baggage
If you wish to take more than the free baggage allowance included in the ticket price, you can add one of our affordable excess baggage packages (excluding sports and special luggage) to your booking and save up to 70 percent of the excess baggage rates charged at the check-in counter.Book extra baggage