Current travel updates
Travel information: COVID-19
All latest information on the travel restrictions issued by the destination countries, constantly changing entry regulations and all the hygiene measures we take for your travel can be found under below link:
Congestion at some European airports
Due to the increasing number of flights to holiday destinations and the ground staff shortages observed at many European airports, you might experience longer waiting times at Check-in, passport control or during the security checks.
In addition to the measures that we are taking to minimize the adverse impacts of this situation on you, here are some tips and tricks that will help you to have a smooth and comfortable journey with us:
- Get real-time updates: Check out the airport website to be informed about the most recent announcements made by the departure airport
- Check the status of your flight: Visit our Flight Status page regularly to make sure that your flight will be performed as it has been initially planned. You will receive an e-mail and SMS notification in case of flight delays
- Use our convenient and free online check-in wherever possible and don’t forget to reserve your favorite seat on board before someone else does
- Arrive at the airport in a good time: Here you can find the updated airport check-in times. Please arrange your arrival at the departure airport according to these check-in times. Timely arrival is especially important for flights departing from the airports where night curfew is applied
- Minimize the amount of baggage you will take with you: If possible, reduce the amount of your baggage and ensure that it does not contain any prohibited items
- Have your travel documents ready at all times
- Inform us about your special service requests in advance: Due to limited availability, kindly let us know your special assistance request until 48 hours before departure
- After check-in, please go straight to passport and security control. Then, make your way directly to the departure gate.
- Schedule your onward journey with enough connecting time: Your flight might be delayed or your baggage may take longer than usual to arrive at the baggage claim. Please spare enough time for your airport pick-up arrangements when booking your onward travel (e.g. train ticket)
We hope that these hints help you have a pleasant experience on the ground, just like your experience with us up in the sky!
Thank you for your collaboration and understanding.
Updated on 11.06.2022 at 11:00 CET
Germany relaxes entry requirements
As of 11. June 2022, passengers traveling from Türkiye (Turkey) to Germany no longer need to provide proof of vaccination, recovery or a negative Covid-19 test result, unless they have been in a country classified as an area of variants of concern at any time in the ten days prior to entry. This regulation is initially valid until 31. August 2022.
Updated on 09.06.2022 at 15:00 CET
Update on the mask mandate on SunExpress flights
The most recent information on the mask mandate, which is being applied on board SunExpress flights can be found below.
- On our domestic flights, passengers are no longer required to wear a face mask. However, passengers are very welcome to still wear a mask throughout their journey if they wish to do so. In this case, passengers should bring enough masks with them for the duration of their journey.
- On our international flights, depending on your departure or arrival destination, you might still be required to cover your mouth and nose with a face mask from boarding until disembarking the aircraft. Therefore, we kindly ask you to check the regulations that are put in place by our destination countries. Here you can use our interactive map to check the current rules & regulations. The latest updates on the mask requirements can be found in the “Additional info” section. On flights where wearing a mask is not deemed necessary by respective countries, our passengers are very welcome to still wear a mask throughout their journey if they wish to do so.
Updated on 03.06.2022 at 17:00 CET
Türkiye (Turkey) lifts all Covid-19 entry requirements
As of June 4, 2022, all Covid-19 requirements to Türkiye (Turkey) will be lifted.
Updated on 03.06.2022 at 15:00 CET
Information about Amsterdam Schiphol airport
As of June 3, 2022. only passengers whose departure is within the next 4 hours will be admitted to the terminal at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport. In addition, in case our guests require a special service, we kindly ask you to inform us of your special needs, at least 48 hours before your flight, directly through our Customer Service Center. Ad hoc requests can no longer be accommodated at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport.
Updated on 02.05.2022 at 10:00 CET
Terminal change at Paris – Charles de Gaulle Airport
As of 5. May 2022, all of our flights to/from Paris – Charles de Gaulle Airport (CDG) will be operated from Terminal 3. We kindly ask our affected guests to follow the direction signs at the airport or check out the terminal map of the Paris-Charles de Gaulle Airport by clicking here.
Updated on 25.03.2022 at 17:00 CET
Türkiye (Turkey) removes the requirement for filling out the entry form
According to the latest circular issued by the Ministry of Health of the Republic of Türkiye (Turkey), passengers traveling to Türkiye (Turkey) are no longer required to fill out the Traveler Entry Form before departure provided that they can present a valid vaccination/recovery certificate or a negative test result.
More information on the latest entry requirements for Türkiye (Turkey) can be found here.
Updated on 23.03.2022 at 18:00 CET
Netherlands removes testing requirements for travelers
With effect from 23. March, passengers traveling to the Netherlands will no longer need to present a negative Covid-19 test result prior to departure. Travelers are still required to provide a proof of recovery or vaccination and complete a health declaration.
More information on the entry requirements for the Netherlands can be found here.
Updated on 16.03.2022 at 10:00 CET
The United Kingdom removes all health-related entry requirements
All Covid-related health measures for passengers arriving in England will be lifted as of 4 am local time Friday, 18 March. In this regard, passengers traveling to the UK will not need to take any COVID-19 tests or fill in a UK passenger locator form or self-isolate upon arrival.
Here you can read the latest official announcement made by the British Authorities.
Updated on 04.03.2022 at 17:00 CET
Travel update for domestic travel within Türkiye (Turkey)
In accordance with the latest circular issued by the Ministry of Interior of the Republic of Türkiye (Turkey), as of March 3, 2022, passengers traveling on domestic flights within Türkiye (Turkey) are no longer requested to present a HES code or a negative PCR test result.
Accordingly, our passengers are allowed to join our domestic flights without the requirement for presenting any Covid-19-related health documents unless they show any of the symptoms of the disease.
Updated on 02.03.2022 at 16:00 CET
Germany removes Türkiye (Turkey) from the high-risk country list
As of 00:00 a.m. on 03. March 2022, Germany will remove Türkiye (Turkey) from the high-risk country list. In this regard, all our passengers traveling from Türkiye (Turkey) to Germany are exempt from the requirement for filling out the entry registration form and going into quarantine upon arrival.
Additionally, the travel warning for Türkiye (Turkey) has been lifted. However, non-vaccinated passengers still need to present a negative test result. Non-vaccinated children under 12 years do not need to present a test result.
More information on the latest entry requirements for Germany can be found here.