SunExpress Protection of Personal Data Announcement
Your privacy matters to Güneş Ekspres Havacılık A.Ş. („SunExpress“) as much as it matters to you. Thus, we aim to inform you on the processing purposes, manners of your personal data by SunExpress and to whom it will be transferred. Your personal data you share with SunExpress via our website and other electronic communication and sale channels will be processed in accordance with this announcement.
This Announcement is published in accordance with Sunexpress’ protection of personal data policy and the Article 10 of the Law on the Protection of Personal Data numbered 6698 (“Law”) titled “Disclosure Obligation of the Data Controller”.
In case of amendments in our Protection of Personal Data Announcement, you may find the updated version on our website.
Collection, Processing Purposes and Transferring of Personal Data
SunExpress is acting as the data controller in accordance with the provisions of the Law and other legislation (Turkish Commercial code, Civil Aviation act, Anti-Corruption Law, etc.) and in line with the importance we give to the security of your personal data that are stored, processed, updated and shared with third parties in locally and abroad by SunExpress or on behalf of SunExpress in pursuant to terms set out herein and legal provisions.
SunExpress processes your below personal data within the scope of explicit consent or on conditions permitted by the law:
- Your name, surname, occupation, address, telephone and fax numbers, e-mail address and other contact information,
- Identification and passport information,
- Ticket and flight booking details,
- Provide information about billing and payment instruments,
- Your product order information,
- Your personal interests,
- Your information that you have communicated to us in the context of your requests and complaints about our products and services,
- Your information about your use of our Internet site and other communication channels,
- Pick up your preferences for products or services or your past experience.
Sun Express may use your personal data according to your explicit consent or when permitted by the relevant legal regulations for purposes of:
- Carrying out reservation and ticket purchases and managing your flight account
- Better meeting your travel needs,
- Providing special flight offers and services,
- Creating databases, listing, reporting, verifying, analyzing and evaluating; producing statistical information and sharing these with third party experts in accordance with confidentiality requirements when necessary,
- Analyzing how you use our internet site and other communication and sales channels and making your communication channels unique to you for better service,
- Investigating and improving our products and services and your personal choice possibilities related to these,
- Contacting you through the communication channels that you have shared directly with us or through the service providers,
- Promoting our services or related products, maintaining promotional commercial communication about new products, special flight offers and other information that you may find interesting,
- The provision of flight safety and security, the protection of life or property of Sunexpress, Sunexpress employees, SunExpress service providers, or their employees or SunExpress guests or the fulfillment of legal obligations including compliance with the rules relating to the matters referred to in this article, or requests of competent administrative authorities.
SunExpress may share your personal data upon your explicit request or the relevant legal regulations, in Turkey or abroad for the purposes set forth below:
- With the business partners
- With employees, group companies, service providers, authorized agents that perform your transactions, other airline companies within the framework of flight partnerships and partnerships,
- Authorized administrative authorities in Turkey and abroad, in line with the aviation regulations, and in line with legal obligations, with other related persons and organizations,
- Your personal data may be shared with the administrative authorities in order to fulfill the obligations arising under the provisions of public and flight safety in the countries in which the travel occurs.
SunExpress may collect your personal data through the SunExpress website, call center, ticket sales offices, check-in counters and airline check-in points, travel agencies authorized to sell SunExpress products and services, and sales channels operating over the Internet, and may store them for the purposes set forth herein, during the required period.
Your Rights under the Law
As per the Article 11 of the Law, you have the right to:
a) Learn whether or not her/his personal data have been processed,
b) Request information as to processing if her/his data have been processed,
c) Learn the purpose of processing of the personal data and whether data are used in accordance with their purpose,
d) Know the third parties in the country or abroad to whom personal data have been transferred,
e) Request rectification in case personal data are processed incompletely or inaccurately,
f) Request deletion or destruction of personal data in case the reasons necessitating their processing cease to exist.
g) Request notification of the operations made as per indents (e) and (f) to third parties to whom personal data have been transferred,
h) Object to occurrence of any result that is to her/his detriment by means of analysis of personal data exclusively through automated systems,
ı) Request compensation for the damages in case the person incurs damages due to unlawful processing of personal data.
by applying to the our Company.
You may direct your requests to the Customer Relations Contact Address which is TR-07230 Antalya
Turkey P.O Box 28 Yenigöl Mah. Nergiz Sok. No: 84 PK Muratpaşa / Antalya / Turkey.
Commercial Electronic Messages
As to commercial electronic messages, within the frame of the communication permits that are given by you during ticketing and at any other SunExpress office, you will be deemed to have accepted to receive commercial electronic messages related to advertisement of the products and services served by SunExpress and business associates of SunExpress, new products and services, special flight offers, your travels or any other information that are presumed interesting for you by SunExpress over your contact information.
You can always request termination of the communication for all or certain types of communication channels through the options indicated within the received messages.
In SunExpress web site scope, as SunExpress has no control over the directed web sites, SunExpress will not be responsible and the protection of personal data policy of our web site will not be valid in case one of these connections is used. The responsibilities arising from access, content, use of directed web sites and given information to the directed web sites will completely be on you.
We use secure technology and your data are processed in accordance with Turkish Data Protection Act and other related laws. The secure server software we employ, SSL, is an accepted encryption procedure on the Internet. The encryption of your data comprises the log-in file data, all customer data including payment data, and the reservation data. The browser indicates the encryption of your data by displaying the symbol of a locked padlock.
Your data is only being stored as long as it is necessary for our business process needs or legal requirements.
We do not pass your personal data on to third parties. To take advantage of partner offers, you need to book such offers directly with the partner concerned. We will inform you accordingly. As a matter of course, we adhere to all laws and regulations concerning data protection.
This web site uses Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. („Google“). Google Analytics uses so-called „cookies“, text files that are stored on your computer and that enable the analysis of your use of the web site. The information generated by the cookie regarding your use of the web site (including your IP address) is transferred to a Google server in the US and stored there. Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the web site in order to generate reports regarding web site activity for the website operator and to to provide further services associated with the web site utilisation and internet utilisation. Google may also forward this information to third parties, to the extent that this is required by law or where third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Under no circumstances will Google link your IP address with other data stored by Google. You may prevent the installation of cookies by using a corresponding setting on your browser software. By using this web site you declare your agreement to the processing of the data concerning you collected by Google in the manner described above and for the purpose named above.
We use third-party advertising technology to serve ads when Company visit our Web site and sites upon which we advertise. This technology uses information about Company’s visits to this Web site and the sites upon which we advertise, (not including Company’s name, address, or other personal information), to serve our ads to Company. In the course of serving our advertisements to Company, a unique third-party cookie may be placed or recognized on Company’s browser. In addition, we use web beacons, provided by our ad serving partner, to help manage our online advertising. These web beacons enable our ad server to recognize a browser’s cookie when a browser visits this site and to learn which banner ads bring users to our Web site. The information we collect and share through this technology is not personally identifiable. To learn more about our third party ad serving partner, cookies, and how to “opt-out,” please click here.
Sojern Limited („Turn Media“):
This website uses the web analysis service with Bid Management from intelliAd Media GmbH, Sendlinger Straße 7, 80331 Munich, Germany. Anonymised data is gathered and saved on an aggregated basis, and user profiles are created from it in the form of pseudonyms, in order to ensure effective design and for optimising the website. Using intelliAd Tracking involves cookies being saved locally. The anonymised data of user activity and profiles can be used by the website operator as well as by other intelliAd customers to identify usage interests, without disclosing the identity of the web site visitor. You have the right to deactivate the saving and further use of your browsing data. Please use the intelliAd Opt-Out function for this purpose.
Newletter and E-Mails unsubscribe
You can unubscribe anytime by contacting SunExpress via form at our customer service page – click here.
Use of data for order processing and e-mail marketing
Your personal data will be used to provide the information, goods and services offered through our website to you, for billing and order fulfillment. If you sign up to our newsletter, we may use your email address to send you information about our products and services. At any stage you can ask us to stop using your personal data for direct marketing purposes. You can opt out of receiving any marketing communications from us by using our form here: customer service page – click here.
Information on security during data transmissions
We use secure technology and your data are processed in accordance with Germany’s Federal Data Protection Law. The secure server software we employ, SSL, is an accepted encryption procedure on the Internet. The encryption of your data comprises the log-in file data, all customer data including payment data, and the reservation data. The browser indicates the encryption of your data by displaying the symbol of a locked padlock.