Important change to our Check-in rules with effect from 26.03.2023
|Online Check-in||Airport Check-in|
|Domestic flights within Türkiye||Free of charge||Free of charge|
|International flights||Free of charge||An „Airport Check-in“ service fee applies1|
1 Please refer to Airport Check-in section below
2 Check-in rules for passengers traveling on Air Cairo flights can be found here
For detailed information regarding online and & airport check-in check-in availability and boarding pass requirements, simply select your departure airport and destination airport from the drop-down below:
At SunExpress, we encourage our passengers to check in online to save time at the airport and get one step closer to their holidays from the comfort of their home. Do you also like the idea of making your travel simpler than ever? Then, you have come to the right place!
- Free of charge
- Save time by using our bag drop-off counter exclusively
- Book your seat, additional baggage, and other extras
Insider: Download the SunExpress app now and receive your mobile boarding pass directly to your smartphone.
How to check in online
If you have booked your flight:
- directly via SunExpress or via a SunExpress agency with access to the SunExpress booking system, you can log in with your booking or e-ticket number and your name.
- via a Tour Operator, please make sure that before you enter any details in the online check-in screen, you first click the „Tour Operator“ tab at the top of the screen. Kindly have the tour operator reference number handy and enter your flight number, the departure and destination airports, surname, first names and departure date.
- If you are a resident of Turkey, please use your passport and not your ID card to check in online for an international flight.
- Please replace German umlauts like this: ä = ae, ü = ue, ö = oe and Turkish characters like this: ç=c, ı=i, ğ=g, ö=o, ş=s, ü=u
- Double-barrelled names / surnames should be entered as follows:
- Tour operator passengers: e.g. Max-Moritz / Max Moritz = MaxMoritz.
- All other passengers: exactly as they are written on your ticket / PNR.
Digital boarding passes can be used at most airports in our network where Online Check-in is available. At the following airports, you can check in online, but digital boarding passes are not accepted. Therefore, if you check in online, you will need to collect a printed boarding pass at the check-in counter when you arrive at the airport:
Plovdiv (PDV), Tbilisi (TBS), Erbil (EBL), Beirut (BEY), Skopje (SKP), Dubai (DXB), Dubai World Jebel Ali (DWC)
Online Check-in is currently not available for:
- Passengers with reduced mobility and / or who require special services offered at the airport. Please make sure that you fulfill the necessary conditions specified by SunExpress before checking in online.
- Passengers traveling with a pet in the cabin
- Children between 5 and 12 years of age who are traveling alone (Unaccompanied Minors)
For all international flights booked after 13.03.2023 with a departure date on or after 26.03.2023 a fee of 5.00 € per passenger, one-way will be charged.
Alternatively, you can pre-pay and save by adding „Airport Check-in“ to your booking during the booking process or later via My Bookings. This way, you can benefit from the lower fee of 2.99 € per passenger, one-way.
- Checking in at the airport for an international flight will still be offered free of charge even after 26.03.2023 for passengers who:
- booked a flight before 13.03.2023 with a departure date of 26.03.2023 or later.
- However, for passengers who have booked their flight as part of a package tour through a tour operator, the Airport Check-in fee applies from 26.03.2023, regardless of the booking date.
- have booked SunPriority or SunPremium, both of which include free Airport Check-in
- require special services at the airport (e.g. passengers with reduced mobility)
- are between 5 and 12 years of age and are traveling alone (Unaccompanied Minors)
- are traveling with a pet in the cabin
- have booked an interline or codeshare flight
- are traveling from airports where online check-in is not yet available
- are traveling on a group booking
If you have booked with a tour operator, please check with your tour operator if the airport check-in fee is already included in your fare.
Please be sure to arrive at the airport in plenty of time. After completing your check-in, we kindly ask you to proceed directly to the passport control and security check and make sure that you arrive at the gate on time:
- for international flights, you need to be at the gate at least 45 minutes before departure and
- for your domestic flight, you are required to be at the gate until 30 minutes prior to departure.
The check-in times are calculated so as to ensure your flight goes smoothly. Please bear in mind that late arrival at the departure gate means that you will forfeit your right to fly. Arriving at the gate after the deadlines specified above may result in denied boarding.